Presidential Search Committee
Each member of the Presidential Search Committee brings a distinctive perspective to the process and represents the interests of the entire Queens community.
To facilitate our search for Queens’ 21st president, the Board of Trustees appointed a Presidential Search Committee consisting of trustees, faculty, staff, students and alumni.
The committee, chaired by Trustee and Immediate Past Chair Michael Marsicano, included eight trustees and seven non-trustee members of the Queens community. They were:
- Michael Marsicano, Chair of the Presidential Search Committee
- Michael Tarwater, Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Debbie Bryan ’68, Trustee Emerita
- David Darnell, Trustee Emeritus
- TJ Lewis ’97, Trustee
- Larry Polsky, Trustee
- Caroline Sink, Trustee
- Cynthia Tyson, Trustee Emerita (Trustee Elect)
- John Bennett, Wayland H. Cato, Jr. Chair of Leadership, Professor of Business and Behavioral Science, Director of Graduate Programs, McColl School of Business
- Saundra Penn, Associate Professor of Human Service Studies and Chair of Interprofessional Health Studies, Blair College of Health
- Bob Whalen, Carolyn G. and Sam H. McMahon, Jr. Professor of History, College of Arts and Sciences
- Angie Edwards, Director of the Myrta Pulliam Center for International Education
- Darryl White, Sr. ’92, Assistant Dean of Diversity, Inclusion and Community Engagement
- Kayley Marchena, Senior Class President
- Chad Lewis, President, QU4Troops
Each member of the Presidential Search Committee signed a Code of Ethics that, among other things, pledged to respect the confidentiality of all candidates.
The executive search firm Storbeck/Pimentel, which specializes in higher education and has an impressive track record with presidential searches, assisted Queens with the search process.